The cashier is responsible for processing all transaction accurately and efficiently while providing a positive and rewarding shopping experience. Cashiers play a fundamental role in achieving customer satisfaction by providing friendly and prompt customer service while maintaining a neat and orderly checkout area.
Location: Davenport, IA
Essential Job Functions
- Handles all transactions with customers
- Serves customers by answering questions, resolving complaints, and providing a high level of prompt and friendly customer service. Includes assisting with telephone duties.
- Issues refunds/returns in accordance with our return policy.
- Assists in some inventory maintenance tasks, including pricing and stocking merchandise, product ordering, identifying close-dated products, and setting product displays.
- Maintains extreme sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work area on a daily basis.
- Assists with shift closing duties.
- Has general knowledge of our products, events, and services and actively promotes sales emphasizing specials and featured items.
- Attends training sessions as specified by supervisor.
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintains assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition. Follows daily cleaning schedules.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with organization dress code.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses proper storing techniques for all products and supplies on a daily basis.
- Performs related work as assigned, within the scope of the organizations and department’s policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Uses care with products, food, and supplies to prevent contamination/breakage on a daily basis.
Must be able to read, write, and follow oral instructions. Must be able to perform basic math and understand measurements. Previous experience as a cashier or customer service representative is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of current trends in the health food/supplement industry is helpful.
Position requires ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying (food supplies and dishes) for 100% of the working shift.
Flow of work requires normal mental and visual abilities. Must be able to make decisions regarding problems or situations which must be referred to the supervisor before taking action.