The Deli Crew members are responsible for preparing and serving Greatest Grains’ fresh and wholesome food. Crew members consistently follow proper recipes and procedures including sanitary handling of all food and non-food items, food preparation, food packaging, storage, care and cleaning of equipment, etc. Crew members maintain a high standard of customer service and learn and work in a variety of roles with other team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides a high level of quality, prompt and friendly customer service to every customer.
- Follows written recipes and guidelines accurately while preparing food and beverages.
- Completes food preparation assignments as assigned and in a timely manner.
- Initiates food preparation by anticipating and reacting to customer volume.
- Minimizes waste by maintaining portion control and monitoring food inventory.
- Maintains extreme sanitary conditions while preparing, cooking, and serving food through proper food handling and safety procedures.
- Records daily activity by completing prep sheets, cleaning lists and station lists.
- Maintains sanitary facilities by washing and cleaning the dining room, washing cookware/serveware and cleaning equipment, as assigned.
- Maintains general knowledge of the deli menu and actively promotes sales.
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Maintains a positive work environment and works as part of a team by helping others as needed or requested.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with organization dress code.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned by a team leader.
- Uses proper storing techniques for all food and equipment on a daily basis.
- Performs related work as assigned, within the scope of the organizations and department’s policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Uses care with food and supplies to prevent contamination/breakage on a daily basis.
Must be able to read, write, and follow oral instructions. Must be able to perform basic math and understand measurements. Previous experience and a server or kitchen prep is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of recipes, quantity cooking, and food service equipment is helpful.
Position requires ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying (food supplies and dishes) for 100% of the working shift.
Flow of work requires normal mental and visual abilities. Must be able to make decisions regarding problems or situations which must be referred to the supervisor before taking action.