The Deli sales clerk is responsible for assisting in the service of meals to customers in a safe and timely manner. Deli sales clerks are also responsible for the sanitary handling of all food and non-food items, utilizing proper procedures for preparation, food packaging, storage, care and cleaning of equipment, etc.
Location: Davenport, IA
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares food, juices, and beverages for customers while following written recipes and guidelines.
- Serves meals to customers and provides a high level of prompt and friendly customer service.
- Maintains a clean dining room.
- Assists cooks in some food preparation tasks, including preparing items for the case, making sandwiches and wraps, and salad bar setup.
- Maintains extreme sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work area on a daily basis.
- Assists other workers with dishwashing and distribution of clean dishes as needed.
- Has general knowledge of all deli items and actively promotes sales emphasizing specials and featured items.
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintains assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition. Follows daily cleaning schedules.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with organization dress code.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses proper storing techniques for all dishes on a daily basis.
- Performs related work as assigned, within the scope of the organization and department policies and procedures on a daily basis.
- Uses care with food and supplies to prevent contamination/breakage and waste on a daily basis.
Must be able to read, write, and follow oral instructions. Must be able to perform basic math and understand measurements. Previous experience and a server or kitchen prep is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of recipes, quantity cooking, and food service equipment is helpful.
Position requires ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying (food supplies and dishes) for 100% of the working shift.
Flow of work requires normal mental and visual abilities. Must be able to make decisions regarding problems or situations which must be referred to the supervisor before taking action.