The Supplements Clerk is responsible for providing a high level of customer service while ensuring that Supplement items are properly presented. Ensures cleanliness of Supplements areas. Demonstrates extensive knowledge of supplements and utilizes this knowledge to meet customer needs.
Location: Davenport, IA
Essential Job Functions
- Serves customers by answering questions, resolving complaints, and providing a high level of prompt and friendly customer service. Includes assisting with telephone duties.
- Assists in inventory maintenance tasks, including pricing and stocking merchandise, product ordering, identifying close-dated products, and setting product displays.
- Maintains extreme sanitary conditions by thoroughly cleaning work area on a daily basis.
- Maintains a constant presence in the supplements department.
- Has general knowledge of our products, events, and services and actively promotes sales emphasizing specials and featured items.
- Assists with unloading and stocking of merchandise if needed.
- Attends training sessions as specified by supervisor
- Reliable and consistent attendance, in compliance with our policies, is required.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
Non-Essential Job Functions
- Maintains assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition. Follows daily cleaning schedules.
- Maintains acceptable standards of personal hygiene and complies with organization dress code.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses proper storing techniques for all products and supplies on a daily basis.
- Performs related work as assigned, within the scope of the organizations and department’s policies and procedures on a daily basis.
Must be able to read, write, and follow oral instructions. Must be able to perform basic math and understand measurements. Previous experience as a cashier or customer service representative is preferred, but not required. Knowledge of current trends in the health food/supplement industry is helpful.
Position requires ability to use both hands and arms simultaneously. Requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Position requires standing, walking, pushing, pulling, reaching, and carrying (products and supplies) for 100% of the working shift.
Flow of work requires normal mental and visual abilities. Must be able to make decisions regarding problems or situations which must be referred to the supervisor before taking action.